The term gunship described a variety of vessels. The term was used for small troop deployment and attack carriers or for small capital ships. The capital ship variety was generally heavily armed for its size and built explicitly for ship-to-ship engagements, while the smaller variety generally combined infantry deployment and close combat support for ground forces.
Types of gunshipsEdit
- Amphibious Interstellar Assault Transport/infantry (AIAT/i)
- Variable Altitude Assault Transport/enforcement (VAAT/e)
- Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT)
- High Altitude Entry Transport (HAET)
- Heavy Missile Platform (HMP)
- Mechanized Assault Flyer (MAF)